Friday, April 11, 2008

Getting Here....

April 10 2008

Im sorry I couldn’t give anyone an immediate update. I just got my internet password and info but unfortunately cant get a signal here in the dorms. The flight was quite interesting to say the least. I think Tahiti Air gets first place in in-flight dinners and breakfasts. I slept like a baby too; I never sleep well on flights. We managed to arrive there around 5:30 am in the morning (8:30 am for you folks) and the weather was rather cool. It rained earlier so the air was nice and sticky. From the airport we went to the ferry (bad typo, thanks Ben!) docks. Already we were excited. From the edge of the docks we could see hundreds of tropical fish just swimming along the wall.

We took a ferry to go to our true destination Moorea, about a forty-five minute sail from Tahiti. One thing I’ve learned, never go indoors in a rocking boat. Bad news.

Getting on the island though was a blast. I got to sit in the back of one of those cool trucks and managed to get a couple of shots of the beautiful island but for bandwidth reasons I might not be able to show them online.

Anywho, after eating lunch and checking into our dorms (co-ed bathrooms, oh dear :P), we went snorkeling and all that jazz. Some highlights included being eviscerated upon by a 22 inch long sea cucumber and almost swimming into a moray eel head first. Some other cool fish were cleaner wrasses, puffers, and Picasso triggerfish. No clownfish though, I was sad. They were replaced by two-spot damsels, who act the same way as clownfish do with anemones, (but not as cool).

More updates to come….

4 comments:

Jeffboyarrdee said...

SWEEEEEETT!!!

Unknown said...

Glad you made it safely man. Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you off. Have a blessed time over in the tropics! Oh and uh.. I think it's "ferry" not "fairy" :P

Cinders said...

excited for you! can't wait for another update!

Anonymous said...

Jonny Jonny Jonny Bo.. Bonny!

so good to hear from you and glad you're safe!!!

<3 you!! your sister...
btw.. i have to use my old aim thing... but dont you worry. i dont use it anymore =]